• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senators Ginn, Staton Kill SB 101 with help from Lt. Gov Cagle

From President of GCO
Kelly Kennett said:
We should get the revised bill later this morning. At this point, I have a sense of what the agreed upon concepts were. As I have mentioned several times, I am wary of the text itself written in haste. I know that the bill is being revised again this morning as a result of these hasty writing issues. Rather than post my sense here and have the actual language be different in some way, I want to wait for the actual language.

One thing I can almost guarantee: There will be parts of the bill that are not our favorite and we did not advocate. Opt-in for churches would be one prime example. Needless to say, Georgia Carry litigated that all the way out to the Supreme Ct. That being said, I anticipate that this will be another huge step forward in GA. If we can move the ball forward, and not go backwards, then we will have another victory.

Stay tuned. Calls will be necessary.

Folks,

The House and Senate conferees are having a real hard time coming to an agreement right now. As we have stated for a while, the Senate is very reluctant, and has a seemingly endless string of desires.

Here is what we need you to do: Call, fax, carrier pigeon, whatever Casey Cagle's office and ask them to bring 101 as it is to the floor for an up or down vote. Second level: David Schafer, and the Senate conferees, Ginn, Staton, and Loudermilk. Get all your friends and neighbors on the horn as well.

Tensions are high, visibility is low, and we need help. Be polite as always, as many others are not today.

Thank you.

Contact for Lt. Governor Casey Cagle:

TEL: (404) 656-5030
FAX: (404) 656-6739

Frank Ginn (R-47)
Email - frank.ginn@senate.ga.gov
Phone: (404) 656-4700

Cecil Staton (R-18)
Email - cecil.staton@senate.ga.gov
Phone: (404) 656-5039

Barry Loudermilk
Email - barry@barryloudermilk.com
Phone: (404) 656-0065

President Pro -Tempore - David Shafer - Phone (404) 656-0048 david.shafer@senate.ga.gov

Majority Leader - Ronnie Chance - Phone (404) 463-1366 ronnie.chance@senate.ga.gov

Caucus Chair - Butch Miller - Phone (404) 656-6578 Caroline.Howard@senate.ga.gov

Majority Whip - Cecil Staton - Phone (404) 656-5039 cecil.staton@senate.ga.gov (note that Sen. Staton is a conferee, listed above)

Back
Top Bottom