• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Septic alarm went off this morning....

I have a Clearwater septic system. It has 4 tanks and lines running out in the yard. All this because the ground won`t perk. Mine stopped up and messed up the floor in house once. Two things I learned; don` use ANY toilet paper that doesn`t say "septic system approved" on wrapper. Cheap Scott is the best paper to use. Also, each month flush down a pack of yeast. Two lifelong plumbers said the yeast should take care of everything and you would probably never have to pump out the system.

I have a Clearwater septic system. It has 4 tanks and lines running out in the yard. All this because the ground won`t perk. Mine stopped up and messed up the floor in house once. Two things I learned; don` use ANY toilet paper that doesn`t say "septic system approved" on wrapper. Cheap Scott is the best paper to use. Also, each month flush down a pack of yeast. Two lifelong plumbers said the yeast should take care of everything and you would probably never have to pump out the system.

All this is true, but it is good to have it pumped every 25 years or so. I had mine pumped when it was 25 years old as I was going to add an extension to the house for a mother-in-law suite. The truck was located about 60 feet from the tank and the pumper pipe got clogged up with hair. They had to stop and pull the about 50 ft snake of hair out of the pipe to continue. Hair doesn't rot or degrade in at least in 25 years. And that was about 22 years ago, but only two or three of us most of this time.

Back
Top Bottom