• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious question for the sports fans

Played a lot of sports, and oddly enough, I'm no longer a fan of any of them. I may catch half a game of college football once a year. The only sport I will sit and watch is MMA or boxing, which I have some experience in both. Been quite a few years since I stepped in a ring, though.

There is a masters division for boxers and I have seriously been thinking about getting back into it because I'm in my mid life crisis. I need one last hoorah. LOL

Being a fan of a team is fine and all, but the obsession some folks have is just plain silly, IMO. Never understood it.

I played football in Jr Highschool and hated it. When I moved to Thomaston the football coach approaced me and said

"look Mr. Hiland, nobody plays football on my team who didn't go to summer camp, but for you I'll make an exception and have you starting next week if you cut your hair"

I laughed and said no thanks. The following week he approached me again with the quarter back with him this time.

"Listen Mr Hiland, you can keep the long hair we need you starting guard, you can practice this week and be playing by Friday night"

Again I passed. I hated football, would much rather sit quietly in the woods hunting/stalking deer during November.

It doesn't matter that I didn't play nor like to play. I find the game entertaining to watch. It's a spectator sport.

Played basketball in high school and had a goal in the back until very recently (need to replace backboard) that I'd get out with my son and shoot around. If I could find any "old folks league" I'd still play. :lol: Played baseball and football as a kid, softball, football and basketball for a few years with a company league many years ago, but all of that has been a long time ago.
Love watching virtually any college sport (football, basketball, baseball, track and field, heck even gymnastics) except soccer and perhaps swimming (though I do enjoy the Olympic swimming competitions). Fortunately I graduated from a school that tends to be competitive in most so that adds to the appeal of watching. Don't watch any pro sports at all. I guess if the Braves make it to the Series again I'd watch that.
Don't get out to watch much high school sports. Need to change that.
Used to like boxing, would still watch. Can't stand MMA.

Back
Top Bottom