• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seriously, what the heck...

Picture this...Your in bed asleep, door gets kicked in while serving a no-knock warrant, bright lights are shown in your face, you instinctively reach for your night stand gun, and bang your dead. Cops or home invasion? You weren't sure. The warrant was for 100 Elm St and you lived at 100 Elm ct. Folks this crap actually happens.

Picture this...Your in bed asleep, door gets kicked in while serving a no-knock warrant, bright lights are shown in your face, you instinctively reach for your night stand gun, and bang your dead. Cops or home invasion? You weren't sure. The warrant was for 100 Elm St and you lived at 100 Elm ct. Folks this crap actually happens.

Yes it does...rarely and that is not what happened here. They had a warrant, pulled up with lights and sirens and identified themselves for about 45 seconds at the door before entering. They got no responce and when they took the door down their was a guy with an AR15 in a crouch waiting for them. What would you have done? Flash a piece sign and ask the nice man not to kill you? There were FIVE, count them, FIVE officers that lit him up at the same time. There was a reason for that. Do you really think that this SWAT team discussed murdering the occupant of the house before entering and all five officers just went "sure, no problem, let's kill this guy for fun"? Give me a break. There is a possibility that the SWAT team made a mistake about something and that's what caused this, but it is just a possibility. It is also very possible that it went down exactly as they say it did. Again, let's wait to get the facts.

Here is part of an update that came out yesterday:

"the raid turned up rifles, hand guns, body armor and a piece of a “law enforcement uniform” inside Guerena’s house."

Nothing illegal about any of this, but why the police uniform? Kind of supports the idea that this guy was part of a crew that was robbing drug dealers which is exactly what the warrant was for.

Wow, If I work a 12hr shift and I wake to someone busting through my door I am pouring the lead. Now, I am a former Marine and my judgement could be clouded to that effect. But, if I see officers with weapons I would drop mine. My question is what was their uniform? Did they identify theirselves as being SWAT when they saw him. Or did someone just get nervous because he had an AR in his hands and have an accidental rush of adrenaline. We will NEVER know. The officers will protect their judgement and each other. If he was a thug, good job. It is a trajedy because those officers if unjustified have to live with the guilt forever. Also, the family of the deceased, they will miss their husband and father. In the end the SWAT team did what was right. They protected the guy to the right and left of them and nuetralized the target that had an assault rifle pointed at them. Point blank

Last edited:
Wow, If I work a 12hr shift and I wake to someone busting through my door I am pouring the lead. Now, I am a former Marine and my judgement could be clouded to that effect. But, if I see officers with weapons I would drop mine. My question is what was their uniform? Did they identify theirselves as being SWAT when they saw him. Or did someone just get nervous because he had an AR in his hands and have an accidental rush of adrenaline. We will NEVER know. The officers will protect their judgement and each other. If he was a thug, good job. It is a trajedy because those officers if unjustified have to live with the guilt forever. Also, the family of the deceased, they will miss their husband and father. These things can always be avoided.

here is the problem... by the time you see the swat member with the weapon... he has seen you and boom. They need to make sure they have the right house before they kick the door down.

I would say 60 times is overkill and I have a little hatrid towards cops in general when it comes to their tacticool shoot em up full auto crap. Cops operating alone are too unsupervised for their authority in my opinion. I followed one the other day that passed me and ran my wife off the road. I followed him to the local gas station where he was fueling up and getting a breakfeast sandwitch. I went inside and made a screaming scene, then called the state police. I was pretty pissed off.

here is the problem... by the time you see the swat member with the weapon... he has seen you and boom. They need to make sure they have the right house before they kick the door down.

They had the right house, they pulled up with lights and sirens going, they identified themselves for 45 seconds before going in. None of this is in question by anyone. What else are they supposed to do for Christ's sake? The dead guy would have had to have been deaf, dumb and blind not to know they were the police. They didn't shoot him in his bed. He had gotten up, grabbed his weapon, moved into the hall and was there waiting for them when they breached the door. I can't buy the idea that a former combat Marine did not have better situational awareness than that. He knew exactly who was there and what was going on. He made the choice and remember, they found exactly what they were expecting to find in the house. Weapons, body armor and a police uniform. They also found a large sum of cash in another home of a person that they think was a member of his crew. This is looking more and more like the police knew exactly what they were doing and did it right.

Also, no insult to any Marines on here. But, bend the code of honor a little bit and taking out drug dealers could be considered not so bad to a Marine. He77, I'm not sure I object to it at all myself. However, the law is the law.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom