• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seriously, what the heck...

OK, five guys with AR platforms (most likely). That's 12 shots each. That's only about six seconds of firing on someone that is also armed with an AR in a high stress situation. As bad as it sounds, that's not excessive.

Where did you get that it took an hour to clear the house?

First of all 6 sec is a long time to repetitively fire into someone , Specially 5 guys deep . Being a LEO in 2 major cities at onetime myself none of this makes any sense. This is where I found

"A report by ABC News affiliate KGUN found that more than an hour had passed before the SWAT team let the paramedics work on Guerena. By then he was dead. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tucson-swat-team-defends-shooting-iraq-marine-veteran/story?id=13640112

They had the right house, they pulled up with lights and sirens going, they identified themselves for 45 seconds before going in. None of this is in question by anyone. What else are they supposed to do for Christ's sake? The dead guy would have had to have been deaf, dumb and blind not to know they were the police. They didn't shoot him in his bed. He had gotten up, grabbed his weapon, moved into the hall and was there waiting for them when they breached the door. I can't buy the idea that a former combat Marine did not have better situational awareness than that. He knew exactly who was there and what was going on. He made the choice and remember, they found exactly what they were expecting to find in the house. Weapons, body armor and a police uniform. They also found a large sum of cash in another home of a person that they think was a member of his crew. This is looking more and more like the police knew exactly what they were doing and did it right.

Also, no insult to any Marines on here. But, bend the code of honor a little bit and taking out drug dealers could be considered not so bad to a Marine. He77, I'm not sure I object to it at all myself. However, the law is the law.

This guy robbing drug dealers is unsubstantiated . I live in a metro Atlanta near a local PD and hear sirens some days all the time. If you stood at my front door, and started yelling and kicking it in thew chances are before I listen to what is being said I will grab a weapon and try to protect my famliy too. If my old lady woke me up saying someone was coming in unwanted I by human nature will be going on the offensive . Also I have cleared many houses and it doesn't take no friggen hour in which time a bus could have been called to treat the guy.

Back
Top Bottom