• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Server Move Tonight - Expect Downtime from 11pm to 4am

Anyone else not seeing images after the server migration? This is what I'm seeing in most ads.
Screenshots_2020-08-01-06-31-45.png

What's funny is I can see that picture I just posted.

Anyone else not seeing images after the server migration? This is what I'm seeing in most ads.
View attachment 2744919

What's funny is I can see that picture I just posted.

That was probably you arriving at the old server, before your router understood the site had moved.

When we do these types of migrations, we connect the retiring web server to the new site's database. If your router happens to direct your web browser to the old site because your router is still using the IP address of the retiring web server, you'll see the new messages (stored in the new site database), but the outgoing web server doesn't have copies of the images which were uploaded to the new web server when the new post was created.

It should be cleared up already, or will shortly. We try to minimize that kind of happening, but because of the distributed nature of the Internet, and the desire to minimize downtime, we can't eliminate the possibility entirely.

That was probably you arriving at the old server, before your router understood the site had moved.

When we do these types of migrations, we connect the retiring web server to the new site's database. If your router happens to direct your web browser to the old site because your router is still using the IP address of the retiring web server, you'll see the new messages (stored in the new site database), but the outgoing web server doesn't have copies of the images which were uploaded to the new web server when the new post was created.

It should be cleared up already, or will shortly. We try to minimize that kind of happening, but because of the distributed nature of the Internet, and the desire to get minimize downtime, we can't eliminate the possibility entirely.
Haven't had any issues since. Thank you for the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom