• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Set a few traps today for Coyote

I could use a trapper at my place. We have a good many bobcat and coyotes.

Find one who unlike me can grab his ass with both hands LOL.

It is in theory easy , just had little luck this year. There is less interest in trapping over the last 30 years due to a depressed fur market.

40 years ago Fox brought $45 , Raccoons $16-$24 etc

29B8824A-FC9B-4B52-AA09-B3652C871EA2.jpeg
I did see this today driving to the farm. Piebald doe. My buddy made a video but frankly Stevie Wonder would have made better footage...

Ive caught a couple coyotes last year and a few bobcats. Im far from a good predator trapper. Im just like TheGman I just got lucky. Rain is my biggest enemy with my predator sets. Beaver trapping is where I excelled at. I really enjoy it except when people ask me to trap their ponds or swamps and I give them a price or ask for some hunting rights, then its not important to them anymore. People fail to realize trapping is hard work. Its not always fun to stomp around in a swamp with buckets of heavy traps. The fur market in the south is crap. They don’t even want fur from the south.

Ive caught a couple coyotes last year and a few bobcats. Im far from a good predator trapper. Im just like TheGman I just got lucky. Rain is my biggest enemy with my predator sets. Beaver trapping is where I excelled at. I really enjoy it except when people ask me to trap their ponds or swamps and I give them a price or ask for some hunting rights, then its not important to them anymore. People fail to realize trapping is hard work. Its not always fun to stomp around in a swamp with buckets of heavy traps. The fur market in the south is crap. They don’t even want fur from the south.

I agree when I was a teenager trapping was profitable potentially. Fur prices were high but your right I had a burlap feedback or two with traps , wire , pliers, sawdust etc walked many many many miles at night through swamps etc. Hard work is right.

I’ve caught a big yote on my trail cam in the same spot the last several nights.
I need to make a couple sets but I also have a couple
local pet dogs that frequent our property and chase deer all the time that will likely get caught in one of the traps.

I’d really like to get my hands on a large humane trap so I can take the pets for a ride to the pound in hopes the owner gets the message or better yet- doesent have them chipped or registered and never does reunite with the dogs.
They’ve been a pain in my azz all season long.
I have a feeling they belong to one of the atv trespassers I caught tearing up my deer trails.

We shall see. I tried last year , caught coons and possums.

View attachment 2982317

Good luck with that. I live in Pickens county. Coyote got me cat a few years ago, they've gotten some dogs here, too. I drive by a farm where the guy raises beef cattle and he has to keep a donkey out with them just to keep the Coyotes away....

Back
Top Bottom