• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SGM magazines Yay or Nay?

HVACGuy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
So I recently picked up a Freedom Ordinance FX-9, and I noticed that it came with two different "fun sticks." One had no name on it at all, but stamped on the bottom as being made in Korea. The second is an SGM Tactical, in a wrapper, which if I'm not mistaken is also made in Korea? Anybody know if these are reliable mags, or should I be investing in some Glock branded ones to replace them?
Thanks!

I have a couple SGM Tactical magazines for Glock and haven't had any problems with them. I have also had good luck with ETS mags as well. I have heard the no-name Korea mags can be hit or miss, but I don't have any personal experience using them. My take is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I haven't fired it yet, but definitely wanted to have several extra mags at some point. I saw some video reviews that seemed to go both directions, but I would hope that Freedom wouldn't include them if they weren't good to go. Just wanted to get the consensus from others on here as to whether or not they were reliable as that's the most important thing to me. The price sounded too good to be true at 16.99 ea. We've all had a go with a pro mag here and there, lol.

Back
Top Bottom