• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shameless plug for YouTube page

Hey Hey, I'll take the honey you can keep the bees.....

Have to have them both. Honey harvest not looking promising this year. We had/have an ant invasion and lost all but one hive. She needs that honey for her shows. She has won first place in honey all over the Southeast at every show she has entered so far (20+ shows).

Have to have them both. Honey harvest not looking promising this year. We had/have an ant invasion and lost all but one hive. She needs that honey for her shows. She has won first place in honey all over the Southeast at every show she has entered so far (20+ shows).
Don't mess with a woman who collects a bee swarm while wearing just a T-shirt. Just sayin

Don't mess with a woman who collects a bee swarm while wearing just a T-shirt. Just sayin

In that particular video, of the swarm catch, I had on shorts and a tshirt while originally holding the box up to the tree. She had on jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Want to guess which one of us got stung? Hint: it wasn't me. :behindsofa: But, to be honest, there isn't really much to worry about while dealing with swarms. They rarely sting as they have nothing to protect. It is actually pretty rare for either of us to get stung even when doing hive inspections. Just make slow calculated movements and know your bees and everything is good. And, the stings do not hurt all that bad anyway...

Back
Top Bottom