• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharp Works knife sharpener

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
My in law got one for Christmas and I had a chance to sharpen a few knifes with it. What a idiot proof way to sharpen anything that might need to be sharpened! I liked it so much I just ordered one for myself. I've used the Lansky system for a few years and it worked pretty good but was more time consuming than the Sharp Works. So if you are looking for a knife sharpener with your Christmas gift cards definitely check it out.

Watched a video on Youtube about using JB bore polish from Brownell's on your worn 6000 grit belts. The guy says it's like making the belt an 8000 grit. Man was he right. I have a small fruit and veggie knife that my wife uses non-stop to cut the kids fruit and veggies with. I passed it through the 220 grit belt twice on both sides, then the 6000 grit belt 10 times each side, then the worn 6000 grit belt with the JB polish 10 times. HOLY **** that little knife is S.H.A.R.P. It'll shave your arm with no resistance at all.

Watched a video on Youtube about using JB bore polish from Brownell's on your worn 6000 grit belts. The guy says it's like making the belt an 8000 grit. Man was he right. I have a small fruit and veggie knife that my wife uses non-stop to cut the kids fruit and veggies with. I passed it through the 220 grit belt twice on both sides, then the 6000 grit belt 10 times each side, then the worn 6000 grit belt with the JB polish 10 times. HOLY **** that little knife is S.H.A.R.P. It'll shave your arm with no resistance at all.
Good suggestion! Never thought about it and I have several containers of JB. Thanks

Is the Ken onion worth the extra cost?

Absolutely, the KO Work sharp is a great tool,but if you really want to sharpen things with care try a edge pro or wicked edge. I have a wicked edge and it’s the best knife related purchase I’ve ever made. I should have showed you my Strider folder tonight. It will shave with zero effort and it’s a .190” thick blade.

Absolutely, the KO Work sharp is a great tool,but if you really want to sharpen things with care try a edge pro or wicked edge. I have a wicked edge and it’s the best knife related purchase I’ve ever made. I should have showed you my Strider folder tonight. It will shave with zero effort and it’s a .190” thick blade.

Yeah I've seen that wicked edge before. seems like a pretty awesome product!

Back
Top Bottom