• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharpen a knife scary sharp in under 2 minutes

Exactly the reason I did this. I've tried the Lansky and Apex Pro as well as spending hundreds of dollars on Japanese wet stones with no luck. I looked at the Wicked Edge system, but the cost along with everybody I know that buys it, usually doesn't use it because it is a lot harder than it looks.

Most companies that sharpen knives use a system similar to this.

I have around $100 in the whole thing, including grinder.
I've tried a bunch of different stuff too with no luck. I only THOUGHT I was getting my Izula sharp until the tip broke off and I sent it in and they sent me back a brand new one.

When I got the new one I realized that I hadn't been getting my old one anywhere NEAR that sharp.

I've tried a bunch of different stuff too with no luck. I only THOUGHT I was getting my Izula sharp until the tip broke off and I sent it in and they sent me back a brand new one.

When I got the new one I realized that I hadn't been getting my old one anywhere NEAR that sharp.

20170710_132725.jpg

CRAZY sharp! I timed it, didn't hurry, just sharpened. 67 seconds.

no cutting edge can be sharpened beyond what the grain size of the steel will allow. The above method looks to be satisfactory method of power "honing" and then power "stropping". The original edge will still have to be formed (or re-formed from time to time) by some other abrasive means. The entire cutting edge should be a mirror polish with no visible scratches.

no cutting edge can be sharpened beyond what the grain size of the steel will allow. The above method looks to be satisfactory method of power "honing" and then power "stropping". The original edge will still have to be formed (or re-formed from time to time) by some other abrasive means. The entire cutting edge should be a mirror polish with no visible scratches.

Wow! Talk about buzz kill! My knives are sharp now. They were not before. It is a simple method and I am happy with the results. So, I thought I would share because I have read about a lot of guys, like me who have issues sharpening knives.

troutman troutman what is a piece of mdf?

Medium density fiberboard. Basically a really hard, dense piece of cardboard. A lot of painted cabinets and cabinet doors are made from this product. You can get a small piece from Home Depot, but since you are in Kennesaw, if you want a piece I can meet you one day and I will give you a piece.

Medium density fiberboard. Basically a really hard, dense piece of cardboard. A lot of painted cabinets and cabinet doors are made from this product. You can get a small piece from Home Depot, but since you are in Kennesaw, if you want a piece I can meet you one day and I will give you a piece.
Thanks...i let you know if i cant find any. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom