• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sharpener question

I'm definitely not a pro. I usually have a different angle on both sides. But it will cut. I use a medium stone on all my knives.

A medium and fine stone . start on medium stone at a 45* angle equal passes on both sides of blade ,then switch to fine stone 45* angle equal passes . If not as sharp as you want try a fine diamond stone for a few passes each side. Practice on a cheap knife till you get the hang of it. If you can shave the hair on arm you are plenty sharp.

This one works well for me and was the most fool-proof sharpening system I've used right out of the box.

I thought these were fool proof. I got one a few years ago. I rounded the tip on a few knives and decided I would go back to my little hand held cheap v sharpener. We moved a year ago and I’ve never unpacked it. Guess I should buy some cheap knives and figure it out

keep a 3 inch washeeta stone in my hunting bag
I need to get a small one for my pack.
I have one but it’s an 8” stone.
0B2EC142-0086-4450-9E05-7AF7320E14C2.jpeg

I need to get a small one for my pack.
I have one but it’s an 8” stone. View attachment 5071045
This is like mine, but mine is @ 4-5" long. It would be heavy for a pack, but it is a decent stone. If you got one of those sharpening sticks, that would probably take up less space and be light weight

Back
Top Bottom