• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

She’s sweating like a cold beer

Theres really no way to 10% fog proof external lenses. Internal lenses can be helped out with nitrogen purges but open emitters will always somewhat fog during humidity transitions

Makes sense. I was just stepping outside to set up the sprinklers in the backyard and carried my nightstand gun with me since I’m out in the woods. You never know if a fox or coyote is lounging in the tree line.

And then I see it’s instant fog lol, I’ll just take a Glock outside with me next time

I have a neighbor who keeps a nice telescope out on his front porch day/night/summer/winter. He says it is always ready to utilize without fogging/condensation issues. Thanks.

I have a neighbor who keeps a nice telescope out on his front porch day/night/summer/winter. He says it is always ready to utilize without fogging/condensation issues. Thanks.

His isn’t fogging up because it STAYS out there. The lenses are at the ambient temp.

You’re dragging your optic from whatever temp your thermostat is set at, instantly into the high 80’s to low 90’s, and with a huge change in humidity.

Back
Top Bottom