• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sheriff's Gun Show Dahlonega - No guns allowed !

republican

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   0
Reaction score
Hadn't been to a gun show since the 90's and forgot that self defense is not allowed at gun shows. Turned right around without entering. I figured things would have changed by now. I hope criminals never figure out that there are buildings full of weapons with no armed men to defend them inside.

Hadn't been to a gun show since the 90's and forgot that self defense is not allowed at gun shows. Turned right around without entering. I figured things would have changed by now. I hope criminals never figure out that there are buildings full of weapons with no armed men to defend them inside.
There were armed men (and women) inside. I for one would not have wanted to try any thing stupid!

i cc all the time. i can see a venue asking not to have loaded guns,and zip tying them.
your in a place that you may very well pull out your cc,and show it to someone. or look to trade it.
so its a pretty good chance if everyone was loaded,you would get a negligent (see dumb @##) discharge.
i was gonna go up tomorrow,but if they say no guns,i say no money..
anyway,its for the sheriffs office,sometimes it seems LE think they gave more rights. i have a lot of leo friends,and they have less rights. they are at work and their job gives them the right to carry,the constitution gives me mine. they are civil servants and we make up the "civil".
no cops should be able to carry anywhere we cant PERIOD!!

like the one at the school in Florida? never count on anyone to do anything for you,that you cant do yourself...
I’m not trying to argue with anyone, just pointing out that the OP’s statement that there was no armed folks inside was in error. Yes, there were several LEOs there, but most if not all the firearm dealers were armed as well.
Go or not, that’s up to you.

Back
Top Bottom