• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shield 9mm slide difficulty

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
I have a Shield I bought new a couple of years ago and I noticed after cleaning it yesterday how hard the slide is to pull back to slide lock. It pulls back fine until about the last inch which is very tough. Otherwise looks to function fine.
I have 2 other Shields and they will pull back to slide lock with no difficulty.

Should I just send it back to S&W or is there something I can easily fix?

I have a Shield I bought new a couple of years ago and I noticed after cleaning it yesterday how hard the slide is to pull back to slide lock. It pulls back fine until about the last inch which is very tough. Otherwise looks to function fine.
I have 2 other Shields and they will pull back to slide lock with no difficulty.

Should I just send it back to S&W or is there something I can easily fix?

This seems to be a common issue with the Shield. Work the slide several times, or shoot it more and the lock lever should loosen up. Mine was so stiff that I thought it was broken, but some research indicated that working the slide was the fix.

Looks like something is definitely hitting. Back to Smith it goes. I can't even pull it back far enough to use the takedown lever.
I guess that's why I have 3.

Back
Top Bottom