• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ship Revolver In Georgia ?

That is stupid, I used to be friends with local UPS store and she would do it for me.

Yep this is an issue. I went to a hub to ship and they refused. The lady said she didn't feel comfortable doing it. I showed her the UPS policy and the GA law and she still wouldn't do it.

That's why I package it up at home, buy the label online and have them come get it from me. Never issue when you take the human element out of it it they can't interject their opinions.

Yep this is an issue. I went to a hub to ship and they refused. The lady said she didn't feel comfortable doing it. I showed her the UPS policy and the GA law and she still wouldn't do it.

That's why I package it up at home, buy the label online and have them come get it from me. Never issue when you take the human element out of it it they can't interject their opinions.
I have had that happen...with UPS rules printed out and in my hand! Finally got a supervisor and was good to go.
Hell, I had a pistol shipped in to a local mom and pop gunstore a few years back, when the owners daughter found out an individual shipped it she freaked and told me I was going to cost them their license. She admitted it came UPS and refused to believe it was legal. According to her a non FFL can not, under any circumstances, ship a firearm. Period. SMH

People love to spout off the rules and they dont have a clue and usually refuse to learn.

After google search it appears you are right. **** on me!
Yep, I have done it numerous times. I studied the laws and shippers rules years ago and keep up with changes. Sent and received from in state residents(members of ODT) last year. Sometimes it makes more sense than a long drive if someone wants it bad enough(usually me) or there are time constraints.

I appreciate knowing that. There have been several items I have had interest in but the distance influenced my decision. And a lot of traders probably thought same thing I did.

You know that's actually illegal for a common carrier to refuse to accept a package that complies with its tariffs. Reason they are called "common" carriers.

This point confuses a lot of people. Any in state transfer between residents of that state is legal, and the gun of whatever type can be transferred between the two by whatever means are legally available.

The confusion comes because shipment of handguns through USPS is controlled by USPS rules, BATF doesn't care how you ship it. When it states that you can't ship a handgun through the mail they are simply citing the USPS regs.

Same thing with the common carriers, UPS and FED EX. They set their own rules on what they will ship and not ship, and how they will ship it. BATF doesn't care.

So to simply, BATF regulates WHO can purchase a firearm, it doesn't regulate how that firearm gets from one person to the other.

I've tried to encourage people to use the Redneck Delivery Service, i.e. "Bubba is going that way next week, he can bring it", but it scares the Holy Crap out of anyone to even think about it. They think that makes it the dreaded straw man purchase, or some sort of evasion of BATF rules, or something.

Trying to explain to them that even it were a straw man transaction, such is not illegal, only confirms to them that you are for sure undercover BATF.

If you live on one of the major cities, you probably can find a courier service that has some limited intercity delivery capacity.

Back
Top Bottom