• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping a gun back to manufacturer

Jeddak

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
142   0
Reaction score
Tried searching first, but nothing came up.

Need to ship my Sub2000 back to KelTec for repairs.
Have ticket number and authorization to ship it.
Talk to me about the mechanics of shipping, please.

If I ship it myself via FedEx/UP, it will come back to me directly, as I understand it. I THINK we have a UPS hub in town, so I could ship from there. Regular UPS store will not ship firearms, as I understand it.

OR

Have a dealer ship it, pay the dealer to ship and then pay to transfer back to me (dealer I use charges $15 for a transfer).

What am I missing?

FedEx's website says you can ship directly with them. Specifically, "Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same)." The local pack and ship in the Kroger area of Carrollton should be able to handle for you.

Just got back a PSA 9mm pcc for repairs... after contacting and filing complaint... THEY issued a shipping label via UPS... packed PCC in a case and box... went to UPS store in Ellijay... they took it with NO questions asked... UPS returned rifle directly to me,,, 4 days ago... THE ONLY WAY...it would have to go back to a dealer...is IF they replace receiver and change serial #... AND I had to be home to sign for package when it was returned to my address...

HTH...

Jeddak Jeddak - For the office Ink Plus store I mentioned above (678-601-5772) in the Kroger area of Carrollton, I forgot to mention that they have two basic requirements 1) they want to inspect it before the package is sealed to ensure it is unloaded, and 2) you have to pay for "Adult Signature" upon receipt at shipping destination

Back
Top Bottom