• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping a gun back to manufacturer

The dealer option is good one, and it is not a transfer, as noted. He doesn't even have to log it in on his books.

As far as the UPS stores, some of them will accept guns. But it is your responsibility to comply with the company's tariffs and if the gun gets lost, UPS will not pay for it.

It's not all that hard for a rifle.

I don't know about FedEx, but for UPS you have to take it to a UPS Customer Center. Retail stores and other locations won't ship it if they know it's a gun. You can also schedule a pickup.

You need to have the 'adult signature required' option on your shipment. I don't think you can send it UPS Ground, but I could be wrong. I always used 2-day I think.

Other than that, it's the same as any other UPS shipment. I had to send my JR Carbine back twice and this always worked. You can (in theory) not tell them it's a gun and just ship it, but of there's an issue I have no idea if you would get it back or not.

Here's the link
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page

I shipped a Remington off one time to a Certified repair shop and the fixed it and sent it back with no FFL transfer or anything along those lines. Of course there was a little bit of paper work like my ship info and serial number and what the problem was but other than that it was shipped straight there and straight back.

I shipped a Remington off one time to a Certified repair shop and the fixed it and sent it back with no FFL transfer or anything along those lines. Of course there was a little bit of paper work like my ship info and serial number and what the problem was but other than that it was shipped straight there and straight back.

You definitely don't need an FFL. For a pistol repair it may be worth it though. With the rules about a handgun having to ship next-day, you are probably going to pay $80 or so. Most FFLs will only charge you $30-40 for that, and they still make money because they can use USPS for shipping.

Long guns are easy though. So long as the recipient has an FFL there's no problem.

Heard back from KelTec Customer service. They are picking up the tab for shipping to them. Yea!
"
A shipping label will be emailed from FedEx directly within 24-72 hours. If you don’t see it by then, check your trash/spam folders to see if it went there.

· A copy of this email should be included in the box (or note of same info)

· As well as a copy of the original purchase receipt and

· Any accessories that relate to the problem.

· Do not include any live ammo in the box!

· We will not be responsible for any items not originally made or sold by Kel-Tec or the return of any item not listed on the letter included with the firearm.

· No return number is otherwise required.

· Please wrap in an unmarked package in accordance with the postal standards of shipping and drop it off at any FedEx location."

"...and drop it off at any FedEx location."

When they say FedEx 'location', do they mean a customer center or one of the little stores scattered around?

For my Ruger Mk4 recall I was able to drop off the 'gun' at the local store, but because of how the pistol is serialized the frame isn't the 'firearm', so it was just parts.

When I shipped back my recalled Kidde fire extinguishers, they wouldn't take them at the store, and I had to either go to their Customer Center or have a driver pick them up (did the pick up).

My guess is a regular FedEx store won't accept a firearm, although I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom