• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shipping a handgun

oconeedan

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
79   0
Reaction score
Someone please guide me to a post explaining how to ship a handgun. I have searched, unsuccessfully.
I know you have to ship to FFL, and I think UPS Overnight. But I don't know where to take it, as the UPS stores that I have asked won't do it.
Thanks, Dan

If you're shipping from one GA address to another you don't legally even have to have an FFL on either end. (USPS doesn't allow none FFL's to ship through them) but UPS and FedEx are good to go.

If you're shipping out of state the receiving end must be FFL.

Either way. Label it yourself and just hand it to a delivery driver. It's not near as difficult as people make it out to be. Package it bomb proof and Add insurance for it's full value Incase it gets lost.

Thank you for all of your replies. FatAlbert, if I were to do this, how do I print a label? Go to UPS.com fill out a form for a label, pay by credit card, and print it?
Could I just hand it to someone in a UPS store, or am I obligated to tell them what's in the box?

I did talk to my local gun shop, and they charge 35 plus whatever the shipping would be. I may go this route also.
'
Thanks, Dan

Contact the receiving FFL in advance to be sure they will receive it, and how they want it addressed. Some prefer their business initials instead of business name, if the name implies "gun in this box."

If you're shipping from one GA address to another you don't legally even have to have an FFL on either end. (USPS doesn't allow none FFL's to ship through them) but UPS and FedEx are good to go.

If you're shipping out of state the receiving end must be FFL.

Either way. Label it yourself and just hand it to a delivery driver. It's not near as difficult as people make it out to be. Package it bomb proof and Add insurance for it's full value Incase it gets lost.
sounds good!!! this is the best way not a big deal

Thank you for all of your replies. FatAlbert, if I were to do this, how do I print a label? Go to UPS.com fill out a form for a label, pay by credit card, and print it?
Could I just hand it to someone in a UPS store, or am I obligated to tell them what's in the box?

I did talk to my local gun shop, and they charge 35 plus whatever the shipping would be. I may go this route also.
'
Thanks, Dan
Not sure if you're obligated to tell them via their policies or not, I just know it's legal to ship via per federal law and driver's never ask, they just scan the package and go. A lot of UPS stores freak out if you tell them it's a gun so I just avoid them. Don't think I've ever actually been in a UPS store.

Back
Top Bottom