• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping firearms

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever sold on GB? I’m thinking of posting a few of mine there but don’t know squat about rules for shipping rifles or pistols.
Where do you hook up with the boxes for them and what do they cost? Do you just drop it off at a shipper or is it better from an FFL and if so what do they typically charge?
Thanks in advance.

Look at the faq on gunbroker. Always check with receiving FFL to see if they will accept your non FFL transfer. Send a copy of your dL if they will accept.

Handguns have to be next day air from a non FFL. Don’t tell fedex or ups what is in the box. ;)

That usually makes it cheaper to pay a local FFL ship it. I don't find it worth it to lie to the shippers just in case some sort of incident or claim for damage or loss occurs.

That usually makes it cheaper to pay a local FFL ship it. I don't find it worth it to lie to the shippers just in case some sort of incident or claim for damage or loss occurs.
You aren’t telling a lie. Just don’t tell the counter person. I’m an FFL holder. Trust me. I’ve been at it 21 years.

Echo the previous three responses. You can probably get a box from your FFL. Don't overcharge for shipping or a lot of folks will think you are gouging and not bid. I've sold a few on gunbroker with no issues. Accept Postal Money Orders only, no paypal, no checks, no electronic transfers, no cashiers checks.

Echo the previous three responses. You can probably get a box from your FFL. Don't overcharge for shipping or a lot of folks will think you are gouging and not bid. I've sold a few on gunbroker with no issues. Accept Postal Money Orders only, no paypal, no checks, no electronic transfers, no cashiers checks.
This. I can't tell you how many times I've passed on GB items because shipping was stupid high ($25 for something that could be sent via $3 first class, $50 for a handgun).

Why not just sell on the ODT.....j/k You probably got tired of people trying to trade you knives and beanie babies

why no cashiers checks?

Back
Top Bottom