• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping firearms

That usually makes it cheaper to pay a local FFL ship it. I don't find it worth it to lie to the shippers just in case some sort of incident or claim for damage or loss occurs.

If you tell the morons at the Post Office that you are shipping a rifle or a shotgun, you probably won't get it shipped.

Ignorant of your job, is no excuse.

Be like gays use to be in the military, don't ask, don't tell.

Shipping and packaging is going to cost you $25 on handgun and $35 on long gun using ups. FedEx may be a tick cheaper.

Long guns within the state of GA usually run less than $20.00.
I've shipped several long guns for less than $10.00.

I haven't shipped any handguns.

Package yourself. I usually build my own boxes out of a large piece of cardboard.
Shipping goes by size and weight.

Go to ffl , box it yourself and have them send it usps . Only an FFL can use the post office to ship firearms . That or use the ups hub .

Also don’t be stupid by not insuring the item. It’s worth the extra coin

This is wrong information.
I ship long guns from the USPS regularly.
UPS usually cost more than USPS.

If you tell the morons at the Post Office that you are shipping a rifle or a shotgun, you probably won't get it shipped.

Ignorant of your job, is no excuse.

Be like gays use to be in the military, don't ask, don't tell.

I've shipped as many as 10 shotguns at one time through USPS with no problem.

Main office in Athens

Your point is?

The only way it could be easier for me would be if the Post Office would box it and ship it for free.

Why didn't you address the misinformation you posted? It's like reading something published by the Liberal media.

sovietak474u said:
Go to ffl , box it yourself and have them send it usps . Only an FFL can use the post office to ship firearms . That or use the ups hub .

I've shipped as many as 10 shotguns at one time through USPS with no problem.

Main office in Athens

I haven't had any problems either, but I don't be airing out my business at the Post Office.
On a rare occasion you will find a postal worker that has knowledge about shipping firearms, but I don't take any chances. I've heard too many horror stories from people just shipping a gun barrel.

Saying gun/firearm in a Post Office, is like saying terrorist of Bomb on a plane. lol

This is one of those cases where a relationship with a LGS can pay off big time. Don’t bother with lines or hassles...bring the firearm ready to be shipped to them and you’ll most likely get both faster service and cheaper rates. Works for me!

Take all my guns to ship to the little gun shop up the street, they wrap it, pack it, and ship it for $35.00. No hassle at all.

It cost me $10.00 or $15.00 for shipping and about 10 or 15 minutes to box, at my leisure.
No hassle at all, unless you go running your mouth about what's in the box to an overzealous postal employee that doesn't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom