• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping on the CHEAP with tracking # . . . . . . Zoid's PSA

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
Folks,

I really hate how the shipping rates with the USPS have skyrocketed this year. I really hate to pay Priority Mail small box flat rates, but like the accountability of having a tracking number when shipping. When the small box Priority Mail flat rate rose to over $4.75 a few years back, I knew I had to find a way to buy First Class with tracking numbers somehow. Now with Priority Mail at over $7.25, I feel the need to share what I discovered.

I talked to a lot of folks at the Post Office. They said it was "possible" but none of them would give me straight answers on how to get that done. To my knowledge, it is still NOT possible to purchase First Class with tracking directly from the USPS website.

I've been wanting to do a thread like this ever since I discovered the process, so welcome to Zoid's First Class Shipping Public Service Announcement. They don't make shipping this way very intuitive or easy, but the savings make it worth the effort. However, it only works for those of you who use and hate PayPal.

There is a little-known, hidden corner of the PayPal site that lets you do exactly what I had been searching for - ship First Class mail (12oz or less) or Parcel Post (above 12oz) WITH TRACKING NUMBERS. Locally, the difference will be a savings of half price or more.

For example, Priority Mail for 3 polishing cloths (5oz) is $7.25. First Class with tracking number for 3 polishing cloths is $2.62

Here is how you go about it . . . . . .

Enjoy . . . . . .

alleycat alleycat , this thread is for you . . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom