• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping out of state to a C&R license holder

manki77

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
80   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know the legalities behind this. I am an unlicensed individual shipping a rifle to a 03 FFL holder. To my understanding all I need to do is get a copy of their FFL and use a common carrier like USPS ( pack rifle in a unmarked box) The rifle does not classify as an antique but it is a C&R. Please advice

Thanks in advance

To my knowledge it would be no different than shipping to any other ffl as long as the item is on the c&r list.

If your that nervous about it you could pay to have another ffl holder ship it to him

Lucky it's a long gun, UPS are the only ones who'll ship handguns, must be overnight. The cost has killed all the fun in cheapo surplus handguns for me..

Also to make sure: I do not need a C&R license to ship to the individual who does have the C&R license???

That is correct. Just like you don't need an FFL to ship to an out of state FFL.

USPS is the cheapest and most hassle free way to ship a long gun. It's pricey, but registered mail is absolutely the safest way of shipping anything short of a private courier.

Back
Top Bottom