• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shockwave Mods

4 screws hold the strap on.

20170715_203553.jpg

Doubles the value, right?

Maybe I will start stippling all my polymer wonders, after all, I already have a soldering iron. I can turn them in to a work of art, double the value, and all with a hot-point and a couple of beers. If you have a high dollar firearm that you want customized, my services are for sale. Don't tell me how you want it. I need to be free to let my artistic juices flow or is that Budweiser?

If the Shockwave has the polymer triggerguard of the 500, not the metal one of the 590-A1, I'd definitely pass. If I had one that I planned on depending my life on, I'd replace it with a metal version from the 590-A1. Here's the sticker; Mossberg won't sell you that part, you have to send your shotgun in and have it fitted.

If the Rem870 has the polymer trigger group, it is still a stronger unit than the Moss500. Eventually, I'd still upgrade it to the metal unit that comes standard on a Police model. Brownells sells them and they aren't expensive. You can buy one yourself and install it yourself.

The Rem TAC14 will take a 1-shot magazine tube extension, comes out to the end of the barrel and increases the capacity so that it matches the Shockwave. Brownells sells them, made by Scattergun Tech. I use one on my SBS Rem870.

Both come factory with polymer triggerguards.

i58.photobucket.com_albums_g255_m1carbean_1QJune_7_zpsvrmvo6jo.jpg
've

I've seen more issues than I can count over the years with failures of the polymer trigger group in the Mossberg 500. I haven't seen any issues yet with the Remington 870 polymer trigger group, but it hasn't been around as long. The Remington polymer trigger group is a stronger unit than the Mossberg, but if it were me I'd replace it nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom