• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shockwave Mods

Under what conditions are these failing?
I shoot my HD shotgun about once year oil it up and stick it under the bed. I dont run 3 gun, hunt or run it hard. If this a brittle issue with time my 500 still runs fine after 6 years. Im not disputing metal > plastic, I agree.

Under what conditions are these failing?
I shoot my HD shotgun about once year oil it up and stick it under the bed. I dont run 3 gun, hunt or run it hard. If this a brittle issue with time my 500 still runs fine after 6 years. Im not disputing metal > plastic, I agree.

Steel pins in the polymer trigger group. The front wears out, trigger group drops slowly, gun doesn't run. I've seen it several times in my classes. A couple wraps of duct tape will get the student through the day.......usually. Proper fix is new trigger group, which Mossberg won't send you. You have to send your shotgun to them and have them install it. Mossberg has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

On the safety, the steel ball bearing defent wears a groove in the bottom of the plastic safety. When that happens the safety won't stay in the fire position. Brownell's carries a few different aluminum and steel replacement safeties.

Back
Top Bottom