• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shoot coyote in Gwinnett county?

TacticalTaco

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
88   1
Reaction score
Yote tried to get my dog this morning. He's in the woods still. Animal Control said they will call me back. I has guns. Use them? Or wait for animal control? Cannot find any clear legislative literature on the legalities of firearms being discharged in the manner of pet/personal protection.

Should have blasted it. Where it may be illegal to shoot in your area, it is legal to do so for protection. In other words, blast it, and tell them it was coming to get you and you had no other choice.

Should have blasted it. Where it may be illegal to shoot in your area, it is legal to do so for protection. In other words, blast it, and tell them it was coming to get you and you had no other choice.

This. There are caveats to such laws. If it it is illegal to discharge firearms in areas, why even CCW at all?

C'Mon Mannnn

Update: Upon returning from the recon in the gulley, many loud distress barks were heard from dogs 300 meters down stream, possible yote encounter with family pets.

Gwinnett County returned my phone call to inform my recon team ( The dog and I ) of our rules of engagement: Weapons free upon contact with the enemy, do not hesitate to use lethal force to ensure the completion of the mission, and safety of your recon team.

Tactical loadout is as follows:

1 Border Collie- Spotter, sniffer, bait

1 AR-15 in 5.45

1 Glock 17

Nike muscle top

Flip flops

No pants

Pictures of the kill will be evenly distributed to the internet upon completion of the mission.

Back
Top Bottom