• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shoot coyote in Gwinnett county?

they are smart - bait it so it will stay still. Hunting coytote in SE is not like hunting them in open places! You lost your 1st chance - it will be hard from here on out...

Forewarning: Animal Control and Sheriff's office DO NOT coexist. While one may say weapons hot, that does NOT mean the other cannot charge you. Be very careful - make sure the ice is thick enough before you walk on it.

Last edited:
http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/9154/

There used to be a Gwinnett County ordinance that was enacted in the 1990s that prohibited firearms discharge within 500 ft of a road or nearest dwelling, but I couldn't find it in Municode. In fact, there is a reference at §74-6 that a prior ordinance was repealed in 2001 (I assume it is the same ordinance). An editor's note under §74-6 reads, "An ordinance adopted Aug. 21, 2001, repealed § 74-6 which pertained to discharge of weapons and derived from Code 1978, § 9-1008".

It's legal. It's a ton of woods and gulleys behind me, no housing. Nearest main road is 1/4 mile if not further.

No contact, and it's bloody hot. Will bait with leftover breakfast sausage in the early AM.

Back
Top Bottom