• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting deer in your backyard?

Deer processor for off season

This guy says HE does.
I don't know him all too well but he has connections.
What I'm saying is, I thought a requirement of a depredation permit in Georgia was that you were NOT allowed to consume the deer or use them in any way. You had to let them lay where they were or simply drag them to the edge of an ag field. Different states have different rules. Perhaps I'm wrong or the policies have changed. I'll find out.

You are probably right.
I wasn't so sure you could in Ga and was kinda taken back when he said they process theirs but he also has relatives that are very connected.
Who knows.???... Maybe he's just talking smack.

I took 3 within an hour in my back yard once.

Did i mention that my back yard butts up to a WMA

This is my situation as well. I back up to Allatoona WMA/Corp property. I left the back gate open and 2 of the last 3 days I have seen deer wandering around the backyard. May still look into a bow so as not to disturb the neighbors too bad. Am I allowed to put food out to try to get them into the habit of coming by the yard?

This is my situation as well. I back up to Allatoona WMA/Corp property. I left the back gate open and 2 of the last 3 days I have seen deer wandering around the backyard. May still look into a bow so as not to disturb the neighbors too bad. Am I allowed to put food out to try to get them into the habit of coming by the yard?

Yes as long as it is gone 10 day prior to hunting..Don't ask me about the 10 days!

Back
Top Bottom