• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Dogs.....

No matter what you post here, "the local toe stompers" will do their best to try to discredit you because you have a different opinion than they do.

I just want to clarify my earlier post re: no knock warrants and LEO shooting my GSD's in my home. I'd NEVER knowing open fire on LEO or any person over my dog. (as much as I love my GSD's) Just my training would kick in if an unidentified human was shooting my dogs in my house and bad things would happen before we all figured out what the deal was.

Then you do like the cops; My baddd.

I just want to clarify my earlier post re: no knock warrants and LEO shooting my GSD's in my home. I'd NEVER knowing open fire on LEO or any person over my dog. (as much as I love my GSD's) Just my training would kick in if an unidentified human was shooting my dogs in my house and bad things would happen before we all figured out what the deal was.

Horrible story. My heart goes out to that man.

Back in NJ my 3 year old daughter opened the front door and my dog ran out. He was hit by a car and bleeding out in the street. I scooped him up crying my eyes out. A cop grabbed me, put me in his back seat and with the sirens on raced me to the nearest Vet. Blood everywhere in his squad car. He took me to the vet, waited for me to come out and drove me home in the front seat. My dog died.

This cop was an angel. 3 years later we were coaching our kids soccer team.

Luckily not all cops are like the Cobb County vermin who shot a Labrador retriever. That's my nightmare. Some of these cops think they are kicking in doors at 3AM in Fallujah.

First, I too feel bad for the gentleman whose dog died.

IF the officers did try to cover up something, they would be fired. IF it is found they lied about anything in any investigation, they would be fired. If it is ever found out the investigators lied to try and help the officers cover anything up, they would be fired. As to the neighbor who over heard the officers/detective plotting to cover up a "bad" dog shooting, trace down the witness and get him to the Cobb County PD Internal Affairs unit. They will want to talk to him. (Good luck finding him. This sounds too much like an urban legend. Prove me wrong. Find the person who actually heard it.)

What would happen if he did shoot the dog due to being "too quick on the trigger"? Discipline? The word discipline also covers constructive action, i.e. training, maybe counseling, etc. If he did shoot too quick, as 90% or more on this board have already found him guilty of, he would be disciplined. Depending on a number of things, he could be fired. (The LAST thing any agency wants is a liability on their force.) The County attorney would have contacted the homeowner and apologized on behalf of the County, and no doubt the Chief of Police would have also made contact offering his condolences and apologies. Yes, he would have gotten a nice big check and all the Cobb residents would be calling for the officer's hide, not because he shot a dog, but because their tax payer money was spent on the dog.

Did any of you bother to go to the link posted with the video and story? The officer stated he backed out of the house and into the yard, and the dog came after him. (Sarcasm alert) No, wait, he did shoot the dog in the yard, and then carried it into the house to make himself look better. This is the way most of you seem to think and what most of you seem to believe. How far should he retreat? And, what if the burglar did bring a dog with him to the burglary? What if the homeowner had left and gone to the hospital and a burglar was stealing his stuff? Then all of you who are ready to "march on the police station" would still be trying to hang him. How many times have we seen on TV the family of "a good boy" who did "nuttin' wrong" was gunned down by the police? What do the families always say? We just want justice. Fire the cop, and put him in jail where he belongs! They do not want justice, they want vengeance. Quite a few of you are saying the same thing. You have heard the emotional pleas of a dog owner. You are dog owners/lovers (as I am), and you have already had a trial, found him guilty and now want "Justice!" No you don't. If you were truly interested in justice, you would find out the other side of this story. (Yes, we could use Paul Harvey on this forum right now.) Part of the problem is you are letting your Walt Disney brain washing take over. We are not dealing with Lady and the Tramp. A dog does not have a soul, he is not human. (Yes, I have had dogs that fully understand me. Still did not make him human, just smart.) We are dealing with real life. It is way too easy to Monday morning quarterback, especially after hearing all the good about the dog. Yes, it saddens me the dog died. It is very possible the dog felt the tension in the officers and felt his owner was in danger and was only trying to protect him. How many times should the officer have been bitten before he took action? The irony is, you would be wondering why he did not just shoot the vicious dog, instead of the taxpayers having to pay his medical bills, physical therapy, lost time at work, etc. How many times have we read "Yeah, I'd spent $.40 and solved that dog attack!" or similar such right here on this forum?

Did the officer over react? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Let me talk to him for 30 minutes and I can tell you. May not be able to prove it, but I will know. Guess what? The Internal Affairs investigators have had the same training I have had, and they can also tell when someone is lying. They can also force him to take a polygraph, which they will not hesitate to do, and he knows it.

In case there is any doubt in anyone's mind, yes, I spent 28 years as a Law Enforcement Officer. Everyone who has already had his trial, and found him guilty, try spending a week on patrol with a uniformed patrol officer. I guarantee you will change your outlook. The irony is, all of you calling for him to be fired, you don't have what it takes to do his job. And when you start telling what you would have done and how he should have handled it, know this: I have been there, and done that. I am not getting my LEO education from TV shows and movies.

Yeah, I can take all of your comments. Remember the part about being a LEO for 28 years? I have heard worse and been called worse.

Back
Top Bottom