• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting Glocks at 150 Yards

Thanks man! I was pretty lucky to hit it with the can on. Couldn't see squat lol. I'm too cheap for suppressor sights apparently.

were you using subsonics? Looked like an Octane 9 can; I have the same one. That sounded pretty quiet. I've never pushed my pistol skills beyond 30-40 yards. I need to try it. Have you seen this?

were you using subsonics? Looked like an Octane 9 can; I have the same one. That sounded pretty quiet. I've never pushed my pistol skills beyond 30-40 yards. I need to try it. Have you seen this?

That's a LONG shot! yeah I was shooting subs on part of it, I think all subs when I shot suppressed. Good eye on the Octane, it's the Octane 45.

Good to go! With today's active shooter situations, being able to hit with a handgun at a goodly distance is a smart skill to have. If you can hit at 100yds during training, you may not be able to hit in a real situation, but you'll dang sure put their head down.

Down in Blakely a couple years ago, we were goofing off during a break in a carbine class I was teaching. I rang a steel silhouette at 200yds with a Beretta 92G, while holding it upside down.

Good to go! With today's active shooter situations, being able to hit with a handgun at a goodly distance is a smart skill to have. If you can hit at 100yds during training, you may not be able to hit in a real situation, but you'll dang sure put their head down.

Down in Blakely a couple years ago, we were goofing off during a break in a carbine class I was teaching. I rang a steel silhouette at 200yds with a Beretta 92G, while holding it upside down.

You aint gangsta because you didn't do it sideways!!

reminds me of this story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/06/austin-cop-sure-shot-stopped-crazed-gunman.html

Curious how high you have to aim to hit at 150 yards? You did mean 150 YARDS, not FEET, right? How did you even see the target?
Not very much hold over at 150, believe it or not. Maybe a foot or two. It was pretty neat seeing the difference in 115 grain and 147 grain at that distance. The hard part for me was trying to slow down and pull the trigger exactly where I meant to instead of when I shoot close and fast. The big plates are pretty easy to see, especially when you steal your woman's tiffany blue spray paint. But if I remember right the front sight does cover the whole target easily.

* yeah definitely 150 yards not feet and I used the range finder instead of internet yards lol. On the next one I'll do audio on one camera on the left chanel and other audio on the right. The second cam had some cool sounds with the rounds coming in and thudding into the trees.

Back
Top Bottom