• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shooting on my property.

hawk-eye

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
48   0
Reaction score
I live in Cobb county on 1/3 acres. I have 2 county maintained roads close but over 300 ft at their closest. I know the 16-11-103 but are there other restrictions?
Please advise .thx

Other residences?
In my neighborhood it wouldn't make much difference, the law would be called.
they callem on me at least once a year, they come out see my small berm, when I am from the road and go tell the callers I'm legal, welcome to the south. My little 1/3 acre after my 42 yrs here is now surrounded by mansions on 15 acre lots and they always freak out specially if they're having a "garden party"

I looked this up awhile ago, 50 yrds from a road and in Cobb the projectile cannot leave your property nor can you shoot over another property without premission.

Sec. 86-5. - Weapons discharge.

SHARE LINK TO SECTIONPRINT SECTIONDOWNLOAD (DOCX) OF SECTIONSEMAIL SECTIONCOMPARE VERSIONS
(a)

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.

(b)

In addition to the penalty provided for in section 86-1, if the person charged with violating this ordinance is a minor, it will be within the discretion of the officer issuing the citation to issue a warning. If this is done, a duplicate of the warning will be sent to the minor's parents or legal guardian by certified mail.

(c)

The provisions of this section shall not apply to:

(1)

Persons who discharge one of these devices in defense of person or property;

(2)

Law enforcement officers in the performance of official duties;

(3)

Military forces of this state or the United States in the performance of official duties.

You can look up all codes at Municode, here is the link for Cobb County: https://library.municode.com/ga/cobb_county/codes/code_of_ordinances

they callem on me at least once a year, they come out see my small berm, when I am from the road and go tell the callers I'm legal, welcome to the south. My little 1/3 acre after my 42 yrs here is now surrounded by mansions on 15 acre lots and they always freak out specially if they're having a "garden party"
How big does a berm need to be?

Back
Top Bottom