• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting on public land...

The OP wasn't asking about a WMA, and is aware of the rules regarding shooting on a WMA. I posted the link to the rules and regs regarding shooting on National Forest land.

The short answer to the OP's question is yes, you can shoot on NF land, provided you follow the rules and regs that are in the link that I provided.

There are many WMA that are entirely National Forest land, and you cannot shoot on those WMA, so your response is incorrect.

You cannot shoot on National Forest land that is in a WMA, and it is incumbent on the shooter to determine where the boundaries of the WMA are, which is not always easy to do.

The short answer to the OP is, yes, you can shoot on National Forest land that is not in a WMA or a designated safety zone, which is what I said the first time.

There are many WMA that are entirely National Forest land, and you cannot shoot on those WMA, so your response is incorrect.

You cannot shoot on National Forest land that is in a WMA, and it is incumbent on the shooter to determine where the boundaries of the WMA are, which is not always easy to do.

The short answer to the OP is, yes, you can shoot on National Forest land that is not in a WMA or a designated safety zone, which is what I said the first time.

I never said anything about shooting inside a WMA, as I understood the original question. As a matter of fact, I never mentioned WMA as the OP knows the rules of a WMA.

I know of no federal land in GA that sits inside a WMA which is a State managed property.

Back
Top Bottom