• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shooting on public land...

Yes you can shoot inside the National Forest land here in GA provided you follow the rules/guidelines. Here is the link.

You can shoot on National Forest land OUTSIDE OF A WMA and outside certain designated safety zones. The regs are right on the website for Chattahoochee National Forest.

You can't use living plants (trees) for target backers, and you have to be meticulous policing any debris.

You can shoot on National Forest land OUTSIDE OF A WMA and outside certain designated safety zones. The regs are right on the website for Chattahoochee National Forest.

You can't use living plants (trees) for target backers, and you have to be meticulous policing any debris.

The OP wasn't asking about a WMA, and is aware of the rules regarding shooting on a WMA. I posted the link to the rules and regs regarding shooting on National Forest land.

The short answer to the OP's question is yes, you can shoot on NF land, provided you follow the rules and regs that are in the link that I provided.

Lmao, not really
LOL. I also did a little research. You can shoot on state land just not on WMA. Can't use trees as targets or rocks, duh! You have to police all trash and brass, no steel tip ammo, make sure you have an adequate back stop. Bla, bla, bla. I didn't know there is a 300 yard range 32 min. from me. I will have to take advantage of that. I just found it.

Back
Top Bottom