• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shooting range backstop '?'

I've recently, today, finished clearing a 100yd shooting range on my property and plan on starting on the backstop tomorrow. I'm going to be using stacked used tires, most still have good tread but punctured sidewalls, I've acquired from a friends auto shop. My question is, are tires alone enough to stop a fmj rifle round at 50 to 100yds without pass through? or do I need to fill them with dirt as I go. Originally I was planning on filling them but damn is it hot out now, I have no tractor and I am really jonesing some range time. .308 win is the largest caliber I currently own but you never know in the future. There is about 100 non inhabited acres behind my range but it is also sitting on the flat top of a hill. If anyone has any experience or advice I would greatly appreciate hearing it. Thanks in advance and God bless.

Are tires enough? The answer is “yes”! I did just this on my property however, I double stacked them 5 high and staggered them. I have not had any issues and I shoot on my range 2 times a week with 9 and 40 as well as .223 and .308 hunting ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom