Shooting tin cans, water jugs, on National Forest Land

Bomberto

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
35   0
Reaction score
Hello ODT brothers-
Happy Thanskgiving to y’all
My nephew is in town for thanksgiving and he’d love to do some outdoor shooting this saturday.
When i say outdoor shooting i mean find a dirt pulloff..hike 50 yards off road..find a safe hill backstop and blast some cans and water jugs. We’ll pickup everything and leave no mess. Shootin 22’s and some handguns…
I live in Cumming and we are happy to drive an hour or two north into National Forest land my understanding is thats ok-legal to do?
Can anyone point me to an ideal road access point to such. I researched tray mountain rd north of helen but im not sure my truck is capable.
I’ve got a 2wd quadcab tundra stock everything and im really not looking to get stuck and piss off any jeep folks..im just looking for an easy access little blaster spot. Not looking to shoot paper targets..not looking for a range..looking for a 2wd access legal national forest blaster spot.🙏 in advance

I think what you propose is legal, if done safely, and if you don't drive your vehicle on any roads that are off-limits to the public.
Again, that's assuming you clean up all of your mess --both your brass and your targets when you leave.

I've never done it; the only place I saw with a steep enough hill to make a natural backstab was along a section of a forest service road that was closed to the public and couple of miles from where I could legally park my car. I didn't want to Pack all my gear in and out that far.

Be mindful of any adjacent houses even though you may be on NF land they can call the law & make your day go from bad to worse bc they are concerned or have nothing better to do with their time.

Back
Top Bottom