• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shooting to far away with a handgun

I like to hit little targets at 100+ yards with a pistol. When I get that one little turd that won’t go down then I deploy a stock. In reality it’s unlikely you will ever need to use a pistol past 100 but there are plenty of cases where cops were faced with that dilemma

Attachments

• ED931BEB-D833-44DA-83BE-695780AE17E5.jpeg
    ED931BEB-D833-44DA-83BE-695780AE17E5.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 26
BELIEVE IT WAS JIM LONDON, a great cowboy pistol shooter used to shoot balloons at 100 yards with a snub nose
38 and would hit 9/10, but normally 10/10. He was amazing to watch, lots and lots of practice he said lots of practice.

Check it out on SHOOTING USA...

I like to hit little targets at 100+ yards with a pistol. When I get that one little turd that won’t go down then I deploy a stock. In reality it’s unlikely you will ever need to use a pistol past 100 but there are plenty of cases where cops were faced with that dilemma
Police maybe, but I get the sense that a civilian shooting anyone from 100 yards out or more may end up going to jail for some reason. Specially since it's a far enough distance to get away from a criminal and call the police.

Some of this is humorous and I feel honored to be in the midst of such awesome crack shots. Most people have a hard enough time hitting a torso/head target at 25 yds with a pistol - much less 100 yds. I remember the last guy who bragged to me that he could "dot the eyes" at 25 yds - He failed out of the police academy during shooting. . . . And for FWIW, the fathest target on the basic police mandate shooting course - is 25 yds.

Y'all realize that 100yds is a football field right?

Some of this is humorous and I feel honored to be in the midst of such awesome crack shots. Most people have a hard enough time hitting a torso/head target at 25 yds with a pistol - much less 100 yds. I remember the last guy who bragged to me that he could "dot the eyes" at 25 yds - He failed out of the police academy during shooting. . . . And for FWIW, the fathest target on the basic police mandate shooting course - is 25 yds.

Y'all realize that 100yds is a football field right?
I think you fail to realize the marksmanship skills of the average keyboard commando.

They can shoot circles around even the best gun show Navy SEAL.

If you don’t believe it, just ask them. They’re more than happy to tell you all about it.

There are all kinds of these 100+ yd pistol shooting vids on the net. Are these guys any better than we are? Sure they shoot lots but we can do the same.

Evidently practice is the key.
Just go to youtube and type in "100 yard pistol " and all kinds of vids come up.

How long do you figure the aisle is in your grocery store? My local Kroger is pushing 50yds. I think limiting yourself to 7-10 yds with the pistol is short sighted. 4” 10 shot groups at 25yds on demand standing freestyle is my personal standard. 2.875” is my personal best with the Glock17 I carry daily. I know several shooters who can do this and better on demand.
s854_photobucket_com_component_Download_File_ea7baeadd1b6d7f8710e0875bb4d8417._.jpg

rs854.pbsrc.com_albums_ab104_ASH556_2F8551A1_2712_4BC1_ADAE_0B9ea4f7e139a1be0ece16412438b34364.jpg

Back
Top Bottom