• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shooting to far away with a handgun

I think too many people think of a cowboy shootout , what about training close range , oh say for a car jacking or a hold up , those do not happen at 50 yards

Long ago, before my wife and I were married, I took her to the desert to shoot her brand new 92FS. I finished setting up bottles at 25 yards and some at 100 yards. When she raised her pistol, I realized she was aiming at the 100 yard bottles. Before I could finish telling her those were for the rifles, she let one go and I'll be damned if she didn't hit the dang thing.

Not saying it CAN'T be done, just saying that from my several years of watching multiple (100s) of people with varying skills shoot, it is safe to believe that the large majority of those who carry a pistol (yes, for a living and for personal protection) will have a degree of difficulty hitting a man size target at 25 yds.

I can post videos of people shooting basketballs from half court - doesn't mean the majority of people who have touched a basketball can do it.

And then sometimes there is just math that gets involved. What is it? - at 50yds the front sight post of a Glock covers roughly 9+" of the target. So, this 8" plate thing at 100 . . . Well, hey, I know I'm not nearly that good.

Just being real here.

Image_of_branch2.png

Back
Top Bottom