• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shop owner stabs thief

Ask yourself this, if someone comes into your home dressed like this what would be the appropriate response. I believe he saw a potential threat and stopped it. 2 of them and one of him. He leveled the playing field. I say well done regardless of what the courts say.

Ask yourself this, if someone comes into your home dressed like this what would be the appropriate response. I believe he saw a potential threat and stopped it. 2 of them and one of him. He leveled the playing field. I say well done regardless of what the courts say.
I would say, ‘neat costume’, give them a piece of candy, and close the door.

If he had a firearm and made it visible they probably would have run away with their tails tucked without trying anything. That being said, when dude jumped the counter it was fair game in my opinion. Hope they catch the other guy. Give that shop owner a gold star.

You know the guy who was stabbed is going to snitch super hard. Especially after his buddies just left him like that.

DA has the say. She has to consider ultimately that she may have to convince a jury that the shopowner committed a crime.

I don't see a Las Vegas jury convicting him of squat.

You'd be surprised how many prosecutorial decisions are not made on the merits, but on the DA saving face.

DA in the Rittenhouse case should have been more aware of that.

if the stupid son of a bitch had stayed on the other side of the counter but NO he has to jump his happy ass over the counter all masked up and has who knows what in the bag. Guy should have cut his ****in head off and thrown it in the street

Armed citizens or store clerk's can't wildly speculate about a weapon maybe being in the guy's backpack.
His hands were empty, and he APPEARED to be unarmed. So unless the suspects SAID something ( I can't hear most of the audio on this vid) that indicated they were armed, we have to assume this is a case of:

"Store clerk uses a deadly weapon to "stab to kill" an unarmed robber who just wanted to snatch a bag full of products off the store shelves."

That's an unlawful, unjustified use of deadly force in most jurisdictions.

IF this had happened in Georgia, the shop owner's best chance at getting off would be through the defense of habitation law,
OCGA 16-3-23

A person is justified in threatening or using force against another ...and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's unlawful entry into or attack upon a habitation;
however, such person is justified in the
use of force which is ... likely to cause ... great bodily harm only if:

1. The person using such force reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony therein and that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

Back
Top Bottom