• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Short Act to Deregulate SBRs, SBSs, AOWs

At this point I hope they go the other way. Get rid of everything. All semi autos, all 30rd mags, all semi fully automatic AR-14s with assault clips, everything. No grandfathering and no loopholes. Total ban with mandatory confiscation.
I'd like to think this would produce some kind of results concerning turning the tide of tyranny, but some days I wonder if anything will motivate some folks. Seems like a good many have either given up, given in, or have been conditioned to believe they are subjects, and no longer citizens. Until folks are forced to open the cartridge box...the ballot box is one of the places we still need to maintain efforts.

While I absolutely agree that little is likely to change without massive concerted effort from a huge, organized portion of the voting public, in a FAIR election, I didn't see any harm in supporting any bill in favor of 2A, or freedoms in general.

The only way the NFA will go away is by SCOTUS ruling. Once a law is on the books you can never get rid of it.

For all the NRA haters out there, that is the one thing they did well. Adding a 'sunset' clause to the AWB is the only reason we don;t have a federal AWB anymore.

All laws should have a sunset.

At this point I hope they go the other way. Get rid of everything. All semi autos, all 30rd mags, all semi fully automatic AR-14s with assault clips, everything. No grandfathering and no loopholes. Total ban with mandatory confiscation.

Agreed. "Muh 2nd amendment and muh AR15" are the only things most conservative and libertarians will blow a fuse over.

There's already massive non compliance out there. I wish I had a $5 bill for every "pistol" I've seen in Macongo that had a stock on it. Not a brace. A stock.

What we need is massive non compliance like they did for gay pride and weed. But we won’t.
It's hard to drum up the numbers needed for non-compliance to even be noticed. Without normalizing it, there's no point. There's also the fact that not many people care that much about gun rights. Plenty of folks on both side of the aisle smoke weed, not so with running illegal sbr's. Also, the consequences are much more severe for illegal sbr's and cans than they are for weed.

Back
Top Bottom