• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Short AR in .300 AAC suggestions

Iron Outlaw

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I want to either buy or build an AR pistol in .300 blackout. I'd like a folding stock too. I found the law tactical folding adapter online and it seems to have good reviews. This will be my "vacation gun" I can hide in a small bag and still have rifle capabilities.

If I just piece together an upper and lower who do yall suggest? There are a lot of manufacturers out there now and i know nothing about most of them.

I want it to be dependable but don't want to spend much over $1000 neither.

Take a look at palmetto state armory. They have several pistol kits available in 300 BLK. You would end up with extra parts and still need the folding conversion stuff, but at their prices it would still be affordable.

I was able to put together a 10.5" pistol using a PSA kit and a lower receiver from an LGS for about $350. And my first range trip had zero malfunctions.

Of course, the DD fixed rear sight, Moe+ grip, slim line handguard and Herra magazine came later.

20181014_072210 - Edited.jpg

Take a look at palmetto state armory. They have several pistol kits available in 300 BLK. You would end up with extra parts and still need the folding conversion stuff, but at their prices it would still be affordable.

I was able to put together a 10.5" pistol using a PSA kit and a lower receiver from an LGS for about $350. And my first range trip had zero malfunctions.

Of course, the DD fixed rear sight, Moe+ grip, slim line handguard and Herra magazine came later.

View attachment 1842740
I will check them out. I have read so many mixed reviews on the palmetto stuff I'm halfway scared of them, but they have the best prices.

SBA3 brace is the bomb. Only thing I would do with a PSA upper is take the hand guard off, remove the gas block, and dimple the barrel. They skip that part on assembly, and could lead to failure later. Gas block loosens up and slides for ward, you lose gas and have a single shot. Besides that, the PSA guns I've had did not have any issues.

I will check them out. I have read so many mixed reviews on the palmetto stuff I'm halfway scared of them, but they have the best prices.

Yeh, I would like to see their quality control come up to par. If your ok with basic mil-spec parts then you won't have a problem with their stuff. I wish that they would offer a little bit more of a choice for the furniture that comes with their kits, but at the price they list it's not really a deal breaker for me. Even after all of the mods that I did with my kit, including a 300 BLK barrel/gas tube/upper receiver I'm still under $700. That's two calibers for under $700.

Back
Top Bottom