• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Short barrel rifle - info needed

True . I have no kids either . Just an understanding girlfriend who I want flooded with cash when I die so she can move on. I don't want her wondering what to do with all my stuff . So I prepared for that .

I had a friend in the exact situation as you, his girlfriend got everything except the his business which he left to a long time employee. He wasnt in the ground good before she was cosigning to the auctions.

You going to be running a suppressor? Check with the manufacter as some won't warranty under a certain length. I think some will go to 10, some will go to 8.5" not sure.

THIS^^^^ Important info if you're planning on 2 stamping it (which you should!) Make sure you know the ratings before you buy. Buy the most durable you can, belt fed and shortest barrel accomodated are more important to me than the absolute most dB reduction. Unless it's for your bolt .22 or something to that effect. Bought a Rugged Surge - rated to 7" on 5.56/.300/6.8SPC and 16" on 300WM, that's doing something there.

Yes - I think 8" is the minimum but I'm willing to roll the dice for 1/2" if I can't find a similar weight 8" barrel. The half inch isn't as big a deal (TWSS) than weight.
Barrel length matters, especially as poster above said with suppressors. Your rimfire barrel lengths won't matter my .22 Can hit 50y all day tight groups suppressed with a 6.5" KIDD match grade bbl
The 9mm bbl length matters if you're trying to keep things quieter getting a 4.5" bbl will keep 124 and some 115 subsonic I believe. Mine is a 7.5" and with sub sonic 147 it's quiet. The 5.56 I don't suppress the 7.5" but have a SAKER that can do it and is rated I prefer 10.5" barrel with 5.56 I could hit 300 steel all day with a 10.5

Yup I like the Mod 0 but I also want a Mod 1 now.

I like the MOD 1 better; get you a DD upper. I have both and love them both. The DD is my new favorite. It's also one of the first SBR uppers I've ever used that ran flawlessly suppressed without any type of modification. The MOD 0 is an SBR'd Colt lower with a 10.5" LMT upper. The MOD 1 is a SBR'd Spikes lower, DD MK18 upper.

MOD 0.JPG

MOD 1.jpg

until they change their mind...again.
If we all wanted to get technical and argue about the memo it was a closed letter in regards to products made by SB-Tactical and SB-Tactical alone. Not including KAK or Shockwave technologies in their approval of occasional unintentional shoulder fire. Industry Open letters would have applied to ALL Pistol braces. I'm not defending anything NFA by any means just ruffling some feathers.

And by "approval" what they and I mean is "by accidently shouldering your braced pistol it cannot and does not reconstruct the tool into a rifle. It's still a pistol it didn't magically turn into an SBR then magically return back into pistol configuration."

The DD is my new favorite. It's also one of the first SBR uppers I've ever used that ran flawlessly suppressed without any type of modification.

I've seen and shot (and took a carbine class) with cheap short uppers and never had a problem. PSA 11.5" 5.56; radical firearms 300blk in 8.5" and 10.5" and radical 5.56 10.5". All 4 run perfect suppressed or not with cheap BCGs and standard buffers. I'm going to keep knocking on wood before I ever buy a different buffer but I would like to shoot someone's super expensive tricked out gun to see if there is a noticeable difference in recoil or something?

Also looking at putting a Holosun 503c on the SBR

Anyone have any opinions on this particular model or similar models

Benefits for me: half the price of an aim point, 5 year battery life, has good reviews, back up solar power batter if needed, good reticle, reputable manufacturer

I have the 503c on a 22 SBR, and I like it. The solar thing is gimmicky, and I don't use it. I prefer to adjust the brightness myself because I don't think the auto-brightness gets bright enough in some direct sunlight. I'd wait an pick one up on sale. Personally I wouldn't pay over $200 for one.

Also regarding the SBR... I have quite a few SBRs, and with the pistol braces you can get today and with the added hassle of 41f, there is no way in hell I'd do another SBR.

Back
Top Bottom