• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Short mossberg 500 barrel

Shalashaska523

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
28   0
Reaction score
does anyone know where I could get a used 18.5 or 20 inch barrel for a 500? The new ones I’ve seen hover around $100 and for a bit more I could just get a whole other shotgun. I’ve seen used ones on here before for under $50 so does anyone have one laying around they don’t use?

does anyone know where I could get a used 18.5 or 20 inch barrel for a 500? The new ones I’ve seen hover around $100 and for a bit more I could just get a whole other shotgun. I’ve seen used ones on here before for under $50 so does anyone have one laying around they don’t use?
I looked for a long time on here back a year ago or so and ended up just getting one at Cabellas in Acworth for 99.00

I may have seen some Mossberg 500 barrels in Deer Creek Gunshop in Marietta the other day.

The barrel will have to match the mag tube you have, whether it’s 5 or 8 round. Some of the “tactical” barrels are set up for the longer mag tube, and the 500 mag tube can’t be extended. You have to replace the entire assembly. Vice versa, you can’t shorten one, you have to replace it.

If you have the 5 round mag tube, you can pic up any hunting barrel that will fit and cut it down. Simply enough to do, just don’t go too short.

I may have seen some Mossberg 500 barrels in Deer Creek Gunshop in Marietta the other day.

The barrel will have to match the mag tube you have, whether it’s 5 or 8 round. Some of the “tactical” barrels are set up for the longer mag tube, and the 500 mag tube can’t be extended. You have to replace the entire assembly. Vice versa, you can’t shorten one, you have to replace it.

If you have the 5 round mag tube, you can pic up any hunting barrel that will fit and cut it down. Simply enough to do, just don’t go too short.

I was considering that but thanks for the mag tune info. I may just get a maverick 88

Back
Top Bottom