• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shot gun recoil reduceing

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I'm refinishing the stock on my over under and when l pulled the recoil pad off there was (l don't know the name for it) a recoil redducer in it. It difinatly not for this gun unless paper towels are common to keep it from moving around. It is shorter than it is from the bolt to the pad and they crammed paper towels to keep it from moving. What is a good way to secure it into place? What is the typical way these are held in.
Please dumb down any answers l don't know much about shotguns. Thanks

Is that normal? How would you keep the rod behind it? The hole is large at the butt end and a drilled hole where the dohicky goes

1499603824925540327368.jpg

This is on top of the piece.
1499603950528276081475.jpg

This is bottom of larger hole

14996016309311567214777.jpg

Block of wood that will fit flush against butt pad! I put duct tape around to where fits snug in the hole! I use them in trap and skeet guns! They do help some!

Try shooting it without it. Most OU's soak up recoil well without needing something like that. I'd fit a kickez butt pad on it and call it a day. I have one fitted to a Citori and love it.

https://kickeezproducts.com
These are by far the best recoil pads on the market. I have 5 shotguns with them. They are a little pricey, but well worth it.

Try shooting it without it. Most OU's soak up recoil well without needing something like that. I'd fit a kickez butt pad on it and call it a day. I have one fitted to a Citori and love it.

https://kickeezproducts.com

I'll look into that one. I was planning on pouting a new one on it.
Thanks

I'll look into that one. I was planning on pouting a new one on it.
Thanks

After receiving the pad, I attached mine to the butt stock and scribed a line where it was too big. Then I put my belt sander in the vise, upside down, and sanded to the line. I had to do the first one twice, but the others were a perfect first time fit.

Back
Top Bottom