• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shot Timer choice

danrum

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about a Shot Timer. I am looking at the Range Tech Pro. Suggestions of what you like and their durability for long term use. Thanks!!

I personally use the Competition electronics model. Had it for over 5 years now.
My USPSA match uses Pact III’s. I don’t care for those. If you don’t have a manual next to you, they are a pain to change par times, delay, etc. but, I’ll make you a deal on one if you want. I’m going to switch over to the Competition Electronics

The new CED timers seem to be the latest hotness. Hand made but a long wait time(last I checked)

I like the AMG Labs commander. Used one for a couple of years now. Never heard of one breaking. it connects via Bluetooth and with PractiScore it will record the time for every shot. It will also detect reliably the hammer drop of a pistol in dry fire. You can also scroll through easily and see the number of shots and the time. For example if someone is shooting a PCC and you are not sure if you caught the last shot it is pretty easy to determine if a shot was missed.

I've had a Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II for years and it's held up well and is simple to use. The manufacturer will repair them for well under the purchase price if you abuse them too hard.

I've zero experience with the fancy new Pro Timer. The hit factor calculator would be useful when running drills.

I've been using an AMG Labs timer and like the five programmable memories. I have one set to an instant, loud buzz; two to a delayed, loud buzz; and three through five set to a quiet, delayed buzz with varying par-time buzzes for dry fire. You can program in up to three par-time buzzes, which is handy for checking your pace on drills.

Back
Top Bottom