• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns not allowed at indoor ranges

I just checked again, Bullseye in Cumming you can shoot bird shot. See #4 that’s on their site. I was shocked, if they allow it I want to try the 12 gauge that’s sitting in the box for 3 years now.

Attachments

• 741C4FD6-F60F-4279-8E18-64252C69222C.png
    741C4FD6-F60F-4279-8E18-64252C69222C.png
    326.4 KB · Views: 11
Having worked at an indoor range, I can tell you that the only thing worse than dealing with shotguns is steel and aluminum cased ammo.

Shotguns, in and of themselves, are fine. However, most people want to to shoot the absolute cheapest ammo available (see above in reference to steel and aluminum ammo), this means most likely bird shot. This isn't terrible but it does have the tendency to damage hangers, trolleys, cables, etc. Couple this with the boom in popularity of the short barreled, raptor gripped, and cylinder bored shotguns, and I can see why a facility would want to just say no. No we don't want to tie up staff to approve that your ammo is ok. No, we don't want to have to shut down lane(s) for repair. No we don't want to pay employee(s) to pick up shells by hand at the end of the night.

I understand the decision.

Back
Top Bottom