• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns not allowed at indoor ranges

some of us are poors and dont have that luxury but we do the best we can.
I ain't rich either, just started a long time ago. I'm glad you do the best you can, that's all anyone can ask. I know you remember when you could just go find a place to shoot and no one bothered you.

shooting inside is rough these days on public ranges, I like the CMP for outdoors shooting and shotgun clubs. I think you need to know your demographics and shoot when its NOT busy. Weekdays and when the weather is kinda crappy. If shooting public outside.

Quickshot has always allowed shotguns as long as you shoot slugs. I did notice that they don't allow pistol grip or Shockwave-style shotguns at all anymore though. I think that's new.

I'm surprised that any ranges allow bird or buckshot since it does open up a bit if you get past 20 yards and I could see it both damaging equipment and possibly ricocheting back.

The latter is why I was told the old Sandy Springs range didn't allow anything but slugs. People were getting peppered with birdshot when it hit parts of the carriers they used if they were at the right distance.

I stopped going to indoor ranges many years ago. The idiot in the lane next to me had a 45 auto. There are 2 ways to cycle the action of a 45. One you can do with both arms fully extended and both thumbs pointed downrange. The other has you cross your arms, and both thumbs are pointed in opposite directions.

When this guy dropped the slide, the weapon discharged and the round went through the arcade style barrier and through all my crrp weapons and bullets on the counter in front of me.

I packed up my shht and left. I have tried to avoid indoor ranges ever since.

Anyone ever shot at the Governors in Kennesaw indoor skeet range? They have a 35,000 square foot Indoor Shotgun Field.
24AABD23-A944-4D8A-BD79-4D3C6D2F55C2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom