• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns not allowed at indoor ranges

yes we all know that but do shotgun shooters **** up more than rifle or pistol shooters?
those are my thoughts as well. The guy explained it to me that after a certain distance the spread from buckshot was always hitting the trolleys. Ok, I can get behind that logic, but that's why a lot of places had the slug only rule which was fine with me. I don't see the risk of damaging things any more with slugs then I do with all the rifle and magnum rounds people use. It's an infringement on my 2A rights, got'dammit!

Meh f indoor gun ranges. That’s why I moved up north, tons of property and shoot what ever I like. Indoor ranges are a joke
I know, I try to avoid them and support the DNR ranges when I have time, but the closest one to me is over an hour away so it really takes a commitment, sometimes I just want to pop in local and pop some rounds off. Perhaps, one day, I'll have the luxury of land.

Most of the ranges in my area, gwinnett county, have been refurbished/remodeled, new rail systems installed, so the use of shotguns have been limited to slugs. Firing shotguns at rapid fire, will make your muzzle raise and before you know it, you’re shooting the ceiling, buck/bird shots will have more spread. There is one range, trigger time in flowery branch that will allow buck/bird shots too. There must be a 3 seconds pause between shots fired. No stock less shotguns allowed. (shockwave and the like) It also has good rates.
some ranges, will not name, have a ridiculous policy that if you hit the cardboard target holder, you will be charged a fee.
hitting walls/ceiling, is also the risk of a ricochet, that can endanger yourself and the other shooters.

I only go with slugs out to 25 yards. I only go to 15 yards with 00 buckshot. I can get an idea of how it patterns at that range.

Just finished up. About to grab a steak.

20230318_183541.jpg
20230318_200930.jpg
20230318_202823.jpg
20230318_200934.jpg
20230318_200941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom