• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns still suck for Self Defense.

Home defense in 2019.

image.jpeg

Because buckshot holes are so much better to fix lol. That what insurance is for, focus on surviving and not worrying about holes in the wall.
Clearly you missed the point, he said he could rain down fire on them with a 30 round mag. I'm just looking at a shot or 2 from a shotgun that preferably hits the target. And I hate that phrase "that's what insurance is for"! Like I feel like calling the insurance company, getting quotes, getting the work done and waiting for a check! lol :victorious:

Hint : An AR-15 with 30 rounds of ammo will weigh more than a shotgun.

BTW where can I buy one of those "sub 6lb AR builds?"
It's not hard to have a loaded 30rd AR that weighs less than a loaded shotgun. Check around the web. Simply running a lightweight handguard and a 16" pencil barrel will put you under 6lbs with irons easily. A loaded 30rd USGI mag weighs approximately 1lb. You should handle one, they're quite nice.

Bad guys #2 and #3 haul ass when they see their buddy's guts on the floor because that's what they do in literally every situation that isn't John Wick 2.
Countless security videos show that when a robbing crew encounters a little "back at ya" they scramble to escape like cockroaches when the light flips on

You're sacrificing energy compared to a normal 12ga round. There are also several .223 loads that meet or exceed 1,328flb of energy.

FYI... Just so you know.. a 1oz to 1 1/4oz slug runs @ about 1600 FPS with nearly 3,100 Flb of energy. Use a Breneke and it’s north of that...

I have had 35 years as this as my primary deer gun and on black bears...
Trust me... I recovered ever thing I ever shot since 1979 in New York.
That was the only choice when you hunt shotgun only counties.. they are devastating period... when you shoot a deer at 40 yards and it flips over like you shot a rabbit... say no more...

Back
Top Bottom