• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns still suck for Self Defense.

Sure, we'll set up 15 at 15 feet and see who drops them faster.

Set it up. Or come to my place. We can shoot in the back yard.

We will film it.

You bring your semi-automatic AR...

I’ll bring my semi-automatic BENELLI shotgun.

You choose whatever ammo you want...I’ll do the same.

We will start with gun in our hands, safety on and pointed at the sky.

We will put up five bowling pins, first time one foot apart. Then we can try 3 feet apart.

After shooting at them sitting still at 15 ft I suggest moving back to a more realistic self defense distance of 30 ft. You can change ammo then. Me too. And chokes.

We can then more accurately simulate a home invasion situation by having them thrown across the air 30 ft in front of us at random speeds and angles...like a dodging and weaving attacker. To make it more realistic we will use head sized targets...maybe cantaloupes?

If I win you have to train my dog for two weeks.

If you win you get to say “I told you so” on the ODT.

After watching the video the ODT will choose winner via a poll.

Either way it’ll be fun.

:cool::pop2::fish2:

A couple of well placed rounds? Sure, if the bad guys cooperate. I'm thinking more along the lines of them being behind cover and me keeping them there while making them crap their pants with rate of sustained fire.

I believe this is the answer right here. It's not about the right weapon for home defense, it's about perspective on what someone thinks a home invasion looks like and how they plan on reacting.

Pros vs crackhead
One vs many
Armed vs unarmed
Make them run or pin them down
How many shots someone thinks it will take to end the fight

I've never used one in combat (never wanted to), but don't assume I'm not proficient with them. I am. This is why I know they are out shined by carbines in all but a very narrow window of use. So, feel free to explain why I'm wrong in my assessment.
You're not wrong so no one can prove it, but it is still an opinion. I will throw out my 2. All things being equal:

1. I would rather be shot 1 time by an AR than I would a shotgun

2. I would rather be shot by 1 bullet than 10

Prove that I don't feel that way.

Set it up. Or come to my place. We can shoot in the back yard.

We will film it.

You bring your semi-automatic AR...

I’ll bring my semi-automatic BENELLI shotgun.

You choose whatever ammo you want...I’ll do the same.

We will start with gun in our hands, safety on and pointed at the sky.

We will put up five bowling pins, first time one foot apart. Then we can try 3 feet apart.

After shooting at them sitting still at 15 ft I suggest moving back to a more realistic self defense distance of 30 ft. You can change ammo then. Me too. And chokes.

We can then more accurately simulate a home invasion situation by having them thrown across the air 30 ft in front of us at random speeds and angles...like a dodging and weaving attacker. To make it more realistic we will use head sized targets...maybe cantaloupes?

If I win you have to train my dog for two weeks.

If you win you get to say “I told you so” on the ODT.

After watching the video the ODT will choose winner via a poll.

Either way it’ll be fun.

:cool::pop2::fish2:

Week of dog training vs I told you so.:lol: I wouldn’t think that was fair if I didn’t know how much Bear44 Bear44 would enjoy an “I told you so” :boink:

:doh: I don’t think chucklenut chucklenut has really entered strange homes in a drunken rage and been shot with a shotgun. Ok, well I don’t think he got shot anyway.
true

I usually cant get through the front door so ill just urinate on the porch and at most steal lawn decorations

Back
Top Bottom