• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns still suck for Self Defense.

0F7851CA-766D-43F1-9BA4-6CBEA4503FA3.jpeg

All joking aside, for me, I use and train with a shotgun vs an AR for 2 pessimistic reasons:

1. Ammo independancy: Super easy to reload and create defensive loads with my Lee 7/8 key drive mold with little skill level. So when the next Democrat is elected President I can buy cheap Walmart 12 ga, melt the shot down into a slug, recrimp in same hull, gtg.

2. Ban likelihood on a pump action shotgun is very minimal compared to an AR. Less likely to affect my learned tactics as I don't rely on an AR.

Same reasons above that I also carry and practice with a J frame. Again I prep pessimistically but hope for the best.
Not knocking a shotgun or your choice. But you'd allow a piece of paper dictate what you protect your family and self with? Who cares if they're banned. Choose whatever weapon you feel is superior regardless of whether a few scumbags say you're allowed to or not. Now if the shotgun is the superior weapon in your home defense then so be it. But I definitely wouldn't choose it just because another system is illegal or may become illegal. F*** them. They won't be footing the bill to bury you, your family will.
Again NOT saying the shotgun is inferior.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bahahaha!!!!

I’d love to hear THAT story!
I believe a battle rifle is a great defense weapon. However, you're right. I heard someone say,"if you have to reload an AR during a self defense scenario in the United states, you're going to be famous."
Basically meaning, that is going to be one of the most high profile cases in the nation. 30 rounds is a helluva lot of fire power.
My plan carrying a glock 19 everyday, having a rifle in my truck and beside my bed is to remove the need to EVER have to reload.

I believe a battle rifle is a great defense weapon. However, you're right. I heard someone say,"if you have to reload an AR during a self defense scenario in the United states, you're going to be famous."
Basically meaning, that is going to be one of the most high profile cases in the nation. 30 rounds is a helluva lot of fire power.
My plan carrying a glock 19 everyday, having a rifle in my truck and beside my bed is to remove the need to EVER have to reload.

I was talking about somebody killing a lion with a .32 revolver!

:pound:

Back
Top Bottom